Netherlands, Noord-Holland, Schiphol-RijkTech
Join our fast-growing 🚀 tech company that is redefining the future of connecting skills and work globally! At blackbear, you will impact the world’s marketplace for skills while being part of an ambitious, hardworking pack of bears. Are you ready to pull out your claws as Frontend Developer?
About the team
You’ll join our Tech department, known as the backbone of blackbear. Currently we are loosely split across product and engineering roles, but are focused on the same goals. We create business value, drive innovation and love technology. This is done with an unprecedented commitment across product, design and engineering disciplines.
What you will do
- Enjoy working on the front end and shaping the future of its architecture;
- Launch new products and features into production;
- Can work autonomously and aren’t afraid to try new technologies;
- Doesn't back down from the challenges of scale;
- Works closely with designers, product managers, and other engineers, to implement new features;
- Care just as much about the product itself as the technology that powers it, and is capable of both structuring and writing clean, maintainable, quality code;
- Inspire other developers and team members with creativity and knowledge sharing;
- Have a bias for action;
- Design and build robust, high performant and scalable applications from the ground up;
- Being an internal consultant - You are willing and able to step away from the keyboard and talk to stakeholders to discern what the business needs are;
- Work with other teams to troubleshoot/determine the resolution for complex issues across team domains.
We leverage the latest technologies including but not limited to:
- PHP, Laravel, Vue.JS, Typescript, Design System, DigitalOcean, Docker, Github Actions.
What you will bring
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in computer science (or a related field) or equivalent work experience
- In-depth knowledge of several modern web frameworks (we are big fans of Vue.JS)
- You have a passion for great architecture and systems design
- Demonstrated knowledge of software engineering experience in a production environment
- Strong drive for high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices and you actively coach other team members on these areas,
- Sense of ownership of projects and clear communication of problems to be solved
- At least 5 years of experience building web applications
- Resident in European Union and fluent in English
- Location: Amsterdam
Nice to Have😃
- Experience in authoring useful frontend open-source libraries
- Experiencing operating CI/CD systems and workflows
What’s in it for you?
We work hard to go above and beyond our mission, but we don’t forget to celebrate our successes, big and small. In addition to fair pay, vacation days, travel allowance, healthy lunches, learning budget and exciting team activities, we offer you the chance to become part of our ambitious and international pack 🙌 Which means work with passion, opportunities for personal growth, while having fun with your fellow bears to the fullest!
Little bear about us 🐻
Our pack identifies itself as open, unique, human, passionate, and connecting. We believe skills and knowledge should always be shared, that is why we strive to become the leading SaaS driven marketplace enabling people to make an income remotely, where we guarantee companies value through the convenience of paying for quality instead of by the hour. By having such an adaptable blackbear pack of colleagues we are able to grow fast internationally, while having fun too. Something we value a lot. We work to live, so why not do it together as a pack! We have a nice spacious office in which you are always welcome. Working from home or partly remote is possible too.
Ready to kickstart your blackbear journey?
Applying is made easy, just click on the button below👇. Questions? Reach out to Allard via WhatsApp on 06 109 175 14 or send him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Great organizations are built on great people and we want to hire the best people. Blackbear embraces diversity and encourages everybody to join our team.